Neil Wilson Building Services Consultants Ltd are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated energy assessor to produce energy assessments and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for non-domestic existing buildings and to assist in the continued growth of the business. They focus on providing improvement reports for retrofitting buildings or helping landlords achieve the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES). This is a home-based role which will involve site visits. Experience using non-domestic EPC software (SBEM) is essential.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to build good working relationships with clients. Good attention to detail is essential as the role requires a high degree of accuracy and organisation skills. An interest in energy efficiency, retrofit and the built environment, along with a full driver’s licence is also required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Producing non-domestic EPC using the SBEM method and IES VE modelling software or an alternative
- Carrying out energy surveys of buildings, including taking measurements and photographs
- Communicating with clients and building occupants for surveys
- Identifying potential options for energy efficiency improvement measures
- Completing summary tables and report templates with outputs for clients
Ongoing Training will be provided, however candidates will preferably:
- Have experience carrying out energy assessments
- Hold a Non-Domestic Energy Assessor Level 4 Qualification or above
- Be computer literate and have a good level of general education, particularly in Maths, Science and English
- Have an ability to visualise in 3D and interpret technical drawings
- Be able to self-manage a busy and time-critical schedule of work
- Have prior experience in a client-facing situation
- Have excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Be a team player and maintain good humour in times of stress
- Be self-motivated and able to deal with a fast-moving, high-pressure environment
- Have a full clean driving licence
- Experience of carrying out domestic energy assessments would also be an advantage
If you are interested, then please get in touch. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com .